By a Reporter
ISLAMABAD, July 15: Condemning the triple blasts that ripped through Mumbai, the heads of Indo-Pak Track-II Dialogue Group called for restraint and expected that the incident would not affect dialogue between Pakistan and India.
In a joint statement issued here on Friday by the heads of the Indo-Pak Track-II Dialogue Group, President of the Jinnah Institute Sherry Rehman and Amitabh Mattoo of the Australia-India Institute (AII) condemned terrorism in all its forms and manifestations and hoped that the perpetrators would be brought to speedy justice.
They hoped that the unfortunate incident would not affect dialogue between India and Pakistan and the attempt to derail the peace process would not succeed.
Sherry Rehman said people of Pakistan stood in solidarity with their Indian neigh bours in the time of this grave tragedy as such incidents had already caused severe damage to the people and state of Pakistan.
They took this opportunity to remind policymakers that Pakistan and India had been making steady progress in the bilateral dialogue process recently and were poised themselves to hold substantive talks at the ministerial level on key issues including trade, terrorism and Kashmir.
“Progress on the matters pertaining to mutual cooperation is more likely to dismantle the terrorist infrastructure on both the sides of the border rather than aggressive posturing or an escalation of tensions between the two neighbours,” they said and added that both the countries should launch joint endeavours to confront the terrorist forces.
Source : Dawn News
No comments:
Post a Comment