Monday, 18 July 2011

Mining project officials attacked

By Saleem Shahid


QUETTA, July 17: Five officials, including a senior project manager, of the Pakistan Minerals Development Corporation (PMDC) were kidnapped from the Sorrange coalmines area, some 35km east of here, on Saturday night.

 Quetta Commissioner Nasim Lahri said the kidnappers went to the mining area in three vehicles. They surrounded the PMDC colony and seized two vehicles.

 The kidnapped officials have been identified as Project Manager Mukhtair Ali Junejo, surveyor Abdul Majid, auditors Tanvir Hussain and Kamran and Mohammad Abid.

 Mr Lahri said a team headed by Assistant Commissioner Asfandyar had been sent to the area to search for the officials with the help of local people.

 “All available resources are being used for safe recovery of the officials,” he said, adding that Levies Force and the local administration were involved in the search.

 Baloch Liberation Army’s spokesman Mirack Baloch has claimed responsibility for the kidnapping and threatened to kill them.

 He said the kidnapping was in reaction to the ongoing operation in Chamalang and Kohlu areas.

Source :  Dawn News 
Mera Pakistan Directory. We are listed under Pakistan Newspapers category

No comments:

Post a Comment